kidstypike wrote:
> 1) Static IP address is unnecessary.
> 2) SAMBA is only used to transfer files from a Windows OS to an SSD
> mounted to your pi, you do not need it to run LMS. Forget Samba. I know
> nothing whatsoever about Ubuntu or ext4 file systems.
>
> 3) LMS runs on your PI, it is installed on the SD card, there is
> absolutely no need to move the LMS Server Cache and Preferences to the
> attached SSD drive, as I said in a previous post leave the cache and
> prefs on the SD card until you know what you're doing.
>
> Is LMS running?

Thanks for your help. I'm not familiar with Linux and my network
knowledge is limited.

LMS is running & streaming from my old NAS (LMS 7.7.X).

What I wanted to do is to dump the NAS and instead run my old Squeezebox
Touch & the new Boss2 streaming from a new music library stored on an
SSD attached to the BOSS2.

So that the piCorePlayer on the BOSS2 is running squeezelite & LMS
(8.X). That does not work.

Additionally I want to copy ripped music files from my Ubuntu-based
Laptop to the SSD attached to the BOSS2 via network and guessed SAMBA is
necessary to do this.

Is it possible to keep the latest LMS (8.X) on the piCorePlayer and use
the new SSD attached to Boss2 as storage for the new music library. And
it would be great if I could copy music files via network from Laptop to
the SSD.