BREAKTHROUGH!!! -i hope...

Now before you shoot me down with your basic-wisdom-bullets, remember i
know next to nothing about how switches, routers etc works on the local
network;)

But last night i had an idea, that turned out to be one of these rare
HEUREKA moments for me:

What if i pull the ethernet cable that connect the switch to the router?
Will the client still be able to pull information from the server? Well
it´s worth a try..

So this morning, i have been able to sneak in a couple of hours for
myself, before the duties call.

And what do you know... As long as a playlist is loaded before i pull
out the lan cable, the music just continues to flow uninterrupted right
to the end.
Unfortunately i don´t have more time to spend on the matter today, but
after i have been listening closely to three albums in a row, i haven´t
detected one single dropout!:D

This tells me the issue most likely must be caused either by (a bug in)
the modem, the router or the cables upstream from the switch.

I have been in contact with our internet provider and they will send a
technician tomorrow, to check if something is wrong with the fiber modem
and possibly substitute it regardless, as it is quite old.

To be continued...