Hello,

We are using cassandra 2.0.17 and have two logical DC having different
Keyspaces but both having same logical name DC1.

we want to setup another cassandra cluster for analytics which should get
data from both the above DC.

if we setup the new DC with name DC2 and follow the steps
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_add_dc_to_cluster_t.html
will it work ?

I would think we would have to first change the names of existing clusters
to have to different names and then go with adding another dc getting data
from these?

Also as soon as we add the node the data starts moving... this will all be
only real time changes done to the cluster right ? we still have to do the
rebuild to get the data for tokens for node in new cluster ?

Thanks
Anishek