Actually, I suspect that we can remove munge if we get rid of the Hadoop RPC implementation and only use the Netty one. Any thoughts on that?

Avery

On 5/15/12 9:21 AM, Paolo Castagna wrote:
Benjamin Heitmann wrote:
Hello,

since giraph requires the maven munge plugin in order to have correct source,
and since google did not find any existing solution, I though it might be okay
to ask this here:

How can I tell eclipse or the m2e maven eclipse plugin to execute the munge
maven plugin so that I have
giraph sources which actually compile in eclipse without errors ?

Right now, I need to edit the java source files which are broken due to the
munge syntax manually.
However, I need to do this every time those files get changed.

Is there an easier way to do this ?
Hi Benjamin,
I do not have an answer/solution to your question.
Just wanted to say I experience same pain.

The goal of supporting all possible variants/version of Hadoop is great... but
it comes with a cost and pain.

Paolo

cheers, Benjamin.