Thanks Eugene,

just to answer your question on the configuration, I am unable to share the
full configuration, and I don't directly administer the cluster.
However, in core-site.xml we have:

   <name>hadoop.security.authentication</name>
   <value>kerberos</value>

I don't know why it is trying to use digest as well (or what it exactly
means).

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco