On 2/14/13 11:36 AM, David Boyd wrote:
> All:
>    I have seen some traffic in the archives of this list about this
> topic but not the specific problem I am seeing.
>
> I have CDH 4.1.1 installed on my cluster and my client machine.
> After several attempts at building Giraph directly I came across
> the Cloudera BigTop repositories.   Since then I have made some
> good progress but have a failure related to security credentials.
>
> I get this same failure with the 0.4.0, 0.5.0, and trunk builds of Giraph
> from the Cloudera bigtop repo.
> Here is the command I am running:
>>  hadoop jar /usr/lib/giraph/giraph-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>> org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark
>> -Dgiraph.zkList=10.1.94.104:2181 -e 1 -s 3 -v -V 50000000 -w 30
>
> As output I get the following error for each attempt:

>> 19:26:49,542 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running child
>> : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.security.TokenCache.loadTokens(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf;)Lorg/apache/hadoop/security/Credentials;
>> at
>> org.apache.giraph.comm.RPCCommunications.createJobToken(RPCCommunications.java:111)
>> at
>> org.apache.giraph.comm.RPCCommunications.createJobToken(RPCCommunications.java:65)
>> at
>> org.apache.giraph.comm.BasicRPCCommunications.<init>(BasicRPCCommunications.java:476)
>> at
>> org.apache.giraph.comm.RPCCommunications.<init>(RPCCommunications.java:91)
>> at

Hi David,
        Good to hear that you're able to run other Hadoop jobs. So it seems to
be a Giraph-specific problem.

I see references to org.apache.giraph.comm.RPCCommunications in the
above - this class was removed a few months back as part of GIRAPH-200:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-200

(BasicRPCCommunications was also removed as part of this).

So I think your giraph.jar is simply too old to work with your CDH4
Hadoop cluster. This is shown in its trying to use the
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TokenCache class, which was also removed as
part of moving from Hadoop 1 to Hadoop 2 (CDH4 is based on Hadoop 2).

-Eugene