My guess is that you don't have enough workers to run the job and the master kills the job (i.e. are you running on a single machine setup?). You can try to run first with one worker (this will take 2 map slots - one for the master and one for the worker). You can also look at the logs from map task 0 to see more clearly what the error was.

Avery

On 5/5/13 11:16 PM, Kiru Pakkirisamy wrote:
Yup, I did a mvn3 install and then a mvn3 compile to get around that already. Right now, I am trying to run the PageRank, even after a few runs I have not had one successful run . The maps progress decreases in percentage (second time around) !! I have never seen this before (?)

Regards,
- kiru

Kiru Pakkirisamy | webcloudtech.wordpress.com

--- On *Sun, 5/5/13, Roman Shaposhnik /<r...@apache.org>/* wrote:

    From: Roman Shaposhnik <r...@apache.org>
    Subject: Re: Compiling 1.0.0 distribution
    To: user@giraph.apache.org
    Date: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 10:50 PM

    To pile on top of that -- you can also run mvn -pl module-name
    from the top
    level to short-circuit the build to that module (and yet still
    honor the dependencies).

    Thanks,
    Roman.

    On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org
    </mc/compose?to=ach...@apache.org>> wrote:

        The easiest way is to compile from the base directory, which
        will build everything.

        You can build individual directories, but you have to install
        the core jars first (i.e. go to giraph-core and do 'mvn clean
        install').  Then you can build the directory of your choice.

        Hope that helps,

        Avery