Claudio, any thoughts?

On 7/3/13 3:52 AM, Han JU wrote:
Hi,

I've been testing some algorithm using the out-of-core feature, and I have an strange ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

In my computation class, the vertex value is a custom writable class which contains a long[]. And during the computation, when the code access this array (say at index 0), the exception is thrown.

    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at
    some.package.ProjectionComputation.compute(ProjectionComputation.java:87)
    at

org.apache.giraph.graph.ComputeCallable.computePartition(ComputeCallable.java:226)
    at
    org.apache.giraph.graph.ComputeCallable.call(ComputeCallable.java:161)
    at
    org.apache.giraph.graph.ComputeCallable.call(ComputeCallable.java:70)

This happens only if out-of-core graph is enabled and the maxPartitionsInMemory is lower than the actual partitions. The vertex value class is solid in terms of serialization (proven by unit tests). The strange thing is that when the exception is thrown, the array index is perfectly legal. And I can even print the long value retrieved from the array ... So it seems to me that maybe it's not a problem within my code.

Any suggestions?

My programs base on the trunk.

--
*JU Han*

Software Engineer Intern @ KXEN Inc.
UTC   - Université de Technologie de Compiègne
////GI06 - Fouille de Données et Décisionnel//

+33 0619608888