Hey Mohit,

Having vertices of different type does not actually affect you.
A vertex has four attributes: <Id, value, edge, message>
Talking for the Collaborative Filtering algorithms, both users and items
will be characterized similarly in terms of a vertex; each user/item needs
an Id to be unique, has its own value, a set of edges that carry data, and
a set of messages that transfer data. In practice you will notice that both
users and items carry data of the same type.

Cheers,

--
Maria Stylianou
Intern at Telefonica, Barcelona, Spain