Hi Claudio,

So I checked out TextAggregatorWriter and was, initially, still a bit
confused on how to use it to write to a text file. That's when I
noticed that, in org.apache.giraph.utils.ConfigurationUtils, there is
an option "aw", which corresponds to an AggregatorWriterClass.  I
tried this out when running the SimplePageRankComputation program
using my data as input by specifying this as an option:

-aw org.apache.giraph.aggregators.TextAggregatorWriter.

Here's the full command:

hadoop jar /home/hduser/Documents/combined.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimplePageRankComputation -eif
StackExchangeParsee.StackExchangeLongFloatTextEdgeInput -vif
StackExchangeParsee.StackExchangeLongDoubleTextVertexValueInput -eip
/in/gaming_edges.txt -vip /in/gaming_vertices.txt -of
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -aw
org.apache.giraph.aggregators.TextAggregatorWriter -op /outPR -w 2 -mc
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimplePageRankComputation\$SimplePageRankMasterCompute

According to TextAggregatorWriter, it, by default, writes to a file
called "aggregatorValues". I checked my HDFS, and did not see that
particular file.  That's when I noticed that there is a configuration
"giraph.textAggregatorWriter.frequency", and that by default the
frequency is set to "NEVER", which means that nothing is ever
created/written to a file for the aggregators.  The other two
frequencies are "AT_THE_END" and "ALWAYS", which strangely both
correspond to the same integer: -1. Could someone explain why this is
so?

Ignoring the above uncertainty, I surmised that the property
"giraph.textAggregatorWriter.frequency" was to be added to my
giraph-site.xml. I wanted the "AT_THE_END" frequency, which
corresponds to the value of -1. Here's the contents of my
giraph-site.xml file:

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>giraph.textAggregatorWriter.frequency</name>
    <value>-1</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

I ran the SimplePageRankComputation program again (using the verbose
"hadoop jar" command above), and still, I couldn't find
"aggregatorValues" on my HDFS.

Could someone help me out, or at the very least rectify any
misconceptions and uncertainties that I have?