Sadly not yet, and its my fault! There aren't a ton of advantages to the
pure YARN implementation yet because we haven't shifted some of the
less-ideal MRv1 Giraph functionality or roles into YARN-based tasks of
their own yet.

This is for two reasons: one, most of the development around Giraph for the
last 6 months are so is by folks who run and test on MRv1 based versions of
Giraph.

Another reason is that some of the refactoring that our YARN profile allows
would not be directly compatible with the MRv1 implementation, so we're
still deciding how to go about pushing some of that functionality out of
the workers or master nodes and into their own discrete tasks on the
cluster without breaking our MRv1 profiles and/or duplicating code.
Certainly not insurmountable problems, but no one has been logging the
hours or initiating the discussions to make it happen yet. Again, I'm sure
I am partially (or more!) at fault here.

But. There are some tickets up, and anyone interested is welcome to throw
some ideas and some patches up, I'd like to see us get going on this soon.
Response to the idea at Hadoop Summit last summer was quite positive, and
I'm speaking again about this stuff soon at Qcon, I'd love to see us move
forward on the YARN front.