You need to tune it per your cluster. This is what mentioned in the docs:
*"It is difficult to decide a general policy to use out-of-core capabilities
*, as it depends on the behavior of the algorithm and the input graph. The
exact number of partitions and messages to keep in memory depends on the
cluster capabilities, the number of messages produced per superstep, and
number of active vertices per superstep. Moreover, it depends on the type
and size of vertex values and messages. For example, algorithms such as
Belief Propagation tend to keep large vertex values, while algorithms such
as clique computations tend to send large messages along. Hence, it depends
on your algorithm what feature to rely on more."

Thanks
Sundi

--
Best Regards,