I don't get what you are trying to solve here. If vertex A already has
edges to B and C, what edges are your trying to add? Could you explain in
detail what you are trying to do?

You can call vertex.getEdges() to get an iterable list of edges where you
know the the value on the edge and the vertex id of the vertex to which the
edge connects.