Hi Pascal,

I've experienced this error. You need to make sure your Giraph is being
built and run using the same version of Java. Use 'which java' and 'which
javac' to see which ones your system is using.

To make CDH 4.5.0 use Java 7, I had to install Java 7, set it as system
default using 'alterntaives --config java', unset the JAVA_HOME environment
variable, and add the correct Java binary directory into the path in my
.bashrc. See this stackoverflow question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2701100/problem-changing-java-version-using-alternatives

Once 'which java' and 'which javac' were pointing to the correct java
install, it worked.

Best,
Owen