Hey,

Thanks for the hints Owen!
Basically, thats what I did before.

I installed Java with the following commands
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
 sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
 sudo apt-get update
 sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer

And set the variables using
install oracle-java7-set-default
Which created a file /etc/profile.d/jdk.sh were all the paths are set.
I removed the file, set $JAVA_HOME using ~/.bahsrc
And checked where which java and which javac are pointing to.
Both point to /usr/bin/java and /usr/bin/javac which then point to
/etc/alternatives/java and ../javac

And now I am not sure. In /etc/alternatives i see the following
java -> /usr/lib/jvm/j2sdk1.6-oracle/jre/bin/java
javac -> /usr/lib/jvm/j2sdk1.6-oracle/bin/javac

Thats what alternatives ‹config java set it to
But theres also a java in /usr/lib/jvm/j2sdk1.6-oracle/bin/

Which one should I use?

I currently left it using the ..jre/bin/java
No the error occurs at a different point. It¹s not the GiraphRunner
anymore, ist here

Error running child : java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/giraph/graph/GraphMapper : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

I¹m lost :(

Any more ideas?

Regards Pascal