Hi,

It has been some time and I don't remember all my comments.  I think you can
replace LongArrayListWritables with class that will sort numbers inside, make a
diff compression and write variable length numbers.
This might cut memory usage by 80~90% (depending on graph properties).
You could also reduce a number of memory allocations and use primitive
collections.

Regards
Lukas