It would indeed be interesting to evaluate. The naive CC algorithm does
have a huge impact on memory, and i have the feeling that it's often a
choice of feasibility more than performance, meaning that often the naive
approach might not be a solution at all due to the huge memory footprint.
Given that Pregel/Giraph is network-bound, my bet is that one more
iteration should be cheaper than lots of large messages.

--
   Claudio Martella