Dear Hive User List,

I am having a new issue with creating indexes when using the $ hive -service
metastore option.

When I do so from a client, I get a null pointer exception and cannot run
any other commands until I close and reopen the Hive CLI.  The metastore log
states "String index out of range exception."

If I create the same index from a client directly connecting to the postgres
metastore, it succeeds.

I am running Hive 0.7.1, having upgraded from 0.6.0 -> 0.7.0 (with postgres
metastore scripts) -> 0.7.1 (with "IS_COMPRESSED" and "DEFERRED_REBUILD"
fixes).

Thank you in advance for all your help (again!).

Clint

--

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or
not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for