If these numbers don't need to be declared ahead of time, but instead you
can let them be defined by Neo4j, you could use the relationship IDs for
this, then use GraphDatabaseService#getRelationshipById(id) to retrive them.
Then get the nodes from the relationship objects.

Cheers,
Tobias

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Cary Cherng <cche...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a very long sequence of numbers. Each number is interpreted as
> edges. I need to traverse the path defined by these edges but each
> node has many edges.
>
> Suppose I have the sequence 94, 3, 6. The problem I am encountering is
> that each node has many many edges I need to look at. From the initial
> node to find the first node in the path I need to look at every edge
> and check if its property is 94.
>
> Is there a way to optimize this such as making the property number a
> dynamic type?

Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivars...@neotechnology.com>
Cellphone: +46 706 534857