Hi Fatih

Yes, a graph database can be a complete replacement, holding your user's
login data, profiles, pictures, etc. If you're using JRuby, there's a gem
that interacts with the excellent devise authentication system.

For photos and certain other media, it probably makes more sense to store
them on a Content Delivery Network (CDN) with references to them (and their
metadata) only in your graph database.

You can certainly mix and match databases and I think that's the future of
web applications. But if you're starting from scratch I'd suggest putting
everything into the graph database.

For pictures, I'd consider Amazon's S3 from the get go, and you can later
migrate to CloudFront if necessary.

Would love to hear alternate views.

Stephen