Hello Eelco,

[snip]

> Yeah, I hoped to avoid anything involving static :-) I can also see
> how this would be a dangerous thing to support for Neo4J. But I do
> believe I have a reasonable use case for it. Is there any (other) way
> to plug in code that is executed during bootstrapping?

Not really. You can register a filter, plugin, or unmanaged extension but the
early lifecycle of the server isn't publicly extensible.

Take a look at ServerModule and NeoServerBootstrapper for how it works. It's
not terribly tricky for us to open that up to 3rd parties, but I get a little
worried about conflicting server modules causing strange behaviour.

If you really think you want us to do this, then we should take your idea over
to the community app where we can get it put in the backlog and voted on for
prioritisation. Andreas Kollegger can help with that.

Jim