On Mar 23, 2007, at 10:04 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

De : "Imre András Róbert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
IMO turning off a cache should not cause this behavior.
IMO turning off means just dont do anything with that specific
cache,
as if it never existed.
So I would not consider this as a real substitute or workaround.

Only for developement, are you really suffrering of slowness in
development ?

No, but I use my little modification which actually gets rid of
the BeanShellScripts cache. This is a real turn-off with no
overhead. Currently hardwired, but with a little more coding
it could easily be controlled via properties, if needed. Could
be applied to all caches not just BeanShellScripts.

This might be interesting. Would you consider to open a Jira issue for
this ?

Why would we want to do this?

The main reason I consider a cache timeout to be an adequate disable mechanism is that the performance overhead for maintain the cache is NOTHING compared to the performance impact of having the cache disabled (maybe 1000:1, perhaps 100,000:1 for reloading and parsing a BSH script).

-David