Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is safe and doing well.

For any business which is supporting partial quantity cancellations or
partial quantity fulfillments, then it can use exploding the order item
OOTB utility.

- In case business is entertaining partial cancellations of items, then all
adjustments need to be re-calculated and prorated accordingly. This
computation overhead can be avoided using an explode item while creating an
order.
-- While doing this we also need to make sure that rounding is handled and
the amount is adjusted properly between all order items.

- In case of partial fulfillments, again business demands to prorate item
adjustments (tax, shipping etc) to create a invoice, or if there is a third
party accounting system in place, we need to provide respective data to it,
so again if you have already exploded the item while importing/creating
order into the system, you could have reduced this calculations overhead
and improve system performance in production environment.

Currently, OOTB has this explode functionality on shopping cart level.
IMO, we need to have the same capabilities in the createSalesOrder service
(can be used as API call) as well.

Please share your thoughts on this. Is there any other better approach to
handle these business use cases?

--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana