On 4/11/07, Matthias Wuttke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!

I am trying to use the Basic Dialog Manager. I noticed the following:

- If you only include shale-dialog (and not shale-dialog-basic) as a
dependency, you will get a NullPointerException in
DialogNavigationHandler:121. A more meaningful error message would be
helpful.

- After including shale-dialog-basic, I got a NullPointerException in
BasicDialogManager:97. It seems the dialog map is not added to the
application scope. Again, I would like to suggest providing a more
meaningful error message.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Helpful error messages for both of these
scenarios will be available starting with tonight's (20070413) nightly
build.

- I have got a WEB-INF/dialog-config.xml file, but it does not seem to
be parsed. I resolved this to be an issue with the servlet container I
am using (Winstone) -- it does not honor the BasicLifecycleListener.

As a workaround on broken servlet containers, you can declare a
listener element in your web.xml file like this:

   <listener>
       <listener-class>
           org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.BasicLifecycleListener
       </listener-class>
   </listener>

but you should not have to do this.

I have got some questions:

- I'd like to be able to use something like <redirect/> in the
faces-config.xml navigation case definitions. Is there a way to specify
this for view transitions?

As Rahul pointed out, this is indeed possible.

- I'd like to pass GET parameters between the dialog pages. Is it
possible to use EL expressions in the viewId attributes? Please compare
to:
http://typo.ars-subtilior.com/articles/2007/01/24/how-to-make-jsf-navigation-rules-more-dynamic

That's an interesting idea, and would be useful for standard JSF
navigation as well as inside dialogs.  The best thing to do would be
to create a new ticket[1] documenting this idea so it doesn't get
lost.

Thank you very much for this great framework!

Best regards,
Matthias

Craig

[1] http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE