Hi,

I am trying to use Fair Scheduler Pools with Kafka Streaming. I am
assigning each Kafka partition to its own pool. The attempt is to give each
partition an equal share of compute time irrespective of the number of
messages in each time window for each partition.

However, I do not see fair sharing to be the behavior. When running in
local mode, with some artificial delay in the processing of one of the
partitions, I see that till all the messages of that partition is
processed, the other partitions are not being picked up. The total delay in
processing of all messages in that partition from one time window is bigger
than the time window itself and hence there are messages available from
other partitions to be processed while the 'slow' partition is being
processed.

How is the fairness calculated in this type of scheduling ? Is it in some
way related to setting for the  number of concurrentJobs ?

Thanks.