Ok,
but what do I need for the program to run.
In python  sparkcontext  = SparkContext(conf) only works when you have
spark installed locally.
AFAIK there is no *pyspark *package for python that you can install doing
pip install pyspark.
You actually need to install spark to get it running (e.g :
https://github.com/KristianHolsheimer/pyspark-setup-guide).

Does it mean you need to install spark on the box your applications runs to
benefit from pyspark and this is required to connect to another remote
spark cluster ?
Am I missing something obvious ?