On 3/22/07, ss2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I have a Spring App (Spring 2.0/ActiveMQ4.1/Jencks2.0). My broker is
embedded within the spring app which maintains a pool of consumers which
process the requests. I am running the same app on multiple boxes and I'd
like to have the consumers from the different boxes process these requests -
and have HA as well. I setup a master/slave setup using the shared file
system technique with derby persistence. My question is, when I connect via
jconsole, I dont see any requests being handed off to consumers on the slave
box.

The slave box is for failover. i.e. its a hot standby.

Do I need to separate out the broker from the consumer process? I'd
like to harness the computing power of both the master & slave to process
the requests, but have HA as well - how do I achieve that? I earlier had a
network of brokers, but then I'd lose messages if one of the brokers went
down.

You can use the box running the slave to process messages if you wish.
i.e. the box can host many JMS clients which connect to the master.

--

James
-------