Hello,

I tried to use JNDI and the lookup() methode to get a topic for a client.

            properties = new Hashtable<String, String>();

            properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory");

            Context context = new InitialContext(properties);

            ConnectionFactory connectionFactory =
(ConnectionFactory)context.lookup("ConnectionFactory");

            properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "tcp://localhost:61616");

           Topic destination = (Topic)context.lookup("NAME_OF_TOPIC");

It failed and I got the NameNotFoundException. If I added the following
line, it does work:

            properties.put("topic.NAME_OF_TOPIC", "NAME_OF_TOPIC");

I do not want to use a property file that is stored in the classpath. How do
I have to configure a topic or a queue to avoid defining the Name of the
destination for JNDI in the code of the client?

Thank you

Regards,
Markus