All,

I'm considering ActiveMQ for an application that has very high message rates
expected, at the rate of 6 - 10 million messages per minute. All of these
messages are fairly small, on the order of 100 bytes or less, but they will
be very regular, with a a large burst of additional messages (around 20
million extra) once an hour. Obviously, I'm looking at a fairly large
Network of Brokers. I don't expect, nor do I need persistent messages on
disk, nor do I want guaranteed delivery, though it would be nice. :-) Does
anyone have any idea if this is even possible with AMQ?

There are a few portions of the applications that need to receive a subset
of the message stream, and other portions that will simply process the
entire stream. For those components that need to get a sub-set, I need to
have some way to route the appropriate messages to the components. While
still only a subset, this could still be 1 million+ messages per minute, and
I'm looking for an efficient way to decide when to route a message or not.
Each of these 6 million messages are unique, with a unique identifier, so I
would need to have an id to queue mapping table in order to perform the
routing. At 1 million+, my concern is that the table itself can get pretty
large, and that some of the more "normal" routing things that Camel might
help with won't be that helpful.

Anyone have any ideas or best practices?

Marc