Hi James,

I am using ActiveMQ 4.1.1.

I have two topic publishers and n number of durable subscribers as
consumers.

I have a network of two brokers each embedded inside jboss 4.0.3SP1
instances running behind a load balancer.

The main issue I am facing is that when I restart my consumers, the old
messages which were already delivered and acknowledged by the subscribers
were redelivered.

We are doing the following things at the publisher and subscriber end

At the publisher end

1) We are setting the TTL to 1000 ms
2) Setting the expiration at message level to 1 Hr

At the subscriber end

1) Its a Durable subscriber and always connects with the same clientID even
after restarting.
2) Our subscriber Id and the client ID which we set in the connection are
same.
3) After consuming every message, the subscriber do an ack and commit.

When we test the durable subscriber in a setup without network of brokers,
the older messages are not redelivered. Is that something to do with network
of brokers.

We are using failover transport at the subscriber end.

Pls clarify

Thanks
Gnanaprakash