Hi,

I am using AMQ 5.0.0 stand alone broker with Kaha store (on quad processor
64 bit Linux machine)

In my test I have one producer sending a continuous stream of messages (each
just a ObjectMessage having one java.lang.Long),

I have a client with 10 consumers, continuously reading off the queue.

After a while (after about 75000 messages sent in this run, in about a
minute or so) I get the following errors and the broker never recovers, (
even after client or broker restart).

In the forums, I saw a similar error reported (but only during broker
restart) but apparently that was fixed in an earlier version.

Any ideas, how to get around this error ?

Thanks for any help !

=============The server logs ====================================

ERROR DataManagerImpl                - Looking for key 1 but not found in
fileMa
p: {2=data-queue-data-2 number = 2 , length = 658 refCount = 2}
ERROR MapContainerImpl               - Failed to get value for offset=57324,
key
=(1, 5603425, 48), value=(1, 5603478, 291), previousItem=100317, nextItem=-1
java.io.IOException: Could not locate data file data-queue-data-1
        at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.data.DataManagerImpl.getDataFile(DataMa
nagerImpl.java:129)
        at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.data.SyncDataFileReader.readItem(SyncDa
taFileReader.java:65)
        at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.data.DataManagerImpl.readItem(DataManag
erImpl.java:141)
        at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.container.MapContainerImpl.getValue(Map
ContainerImpl.java:475)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadaptor.KahaMessageStore.recoverNextMess
ages(KahaMessageStore.java:166)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.ProxyMessageStore.recoverNextMessages(Proxy
MessageStore.java:83)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.QueueStorePrefetch.fillBatc
h(QueueStorePrefetch.java:169)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.QueueStorePrefetch.hasNext(
QueueStorePrefetch.java:109)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.StoreQueueCursor.hasNext(St
oreQueueCursor.java:129)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.buildList(Queue.java:1026)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.doPageIn(Queue.java:1009)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.pageInMessages(Queue.java:107
2)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.sendMessage(Queue.java:1003)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue$4.afterCommit(Queue.java:474)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transaction.Transaction.fireAfterCommit(Transacti
on.java:86)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transaction.LocalTransaction.commit(LocalTransact
ion.java:68)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransactionBroker.commitTransaction(Transa

=================================

===============When I restart broker  ==========================

INFO  KahaStore                      - Kaha Store using data directory
/home/ven
ky/localfs/kaha
ERROR MapContainerImpl               - Failed to load container
queue://example.
MyTestQueue
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully(RandomAccessFile.java:383)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readFully(RandomAccessFile.java:361)
        at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.data.SyncDataFileReader.readItem(SyncDa
taFileReader.java:71)
        at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.data.DataManagerImpl.readItem(DataManag
erImpl.java:141)
        at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.container.MapContainerImpl.load(MapCont
ainerImpl.java:106)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadaptor.KahaPersistenceAdapter.getMapCon
tainer(KahaPersistenceAdapter.java:212)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadaptor.KahaPersistenceAdapter.createQue
ueMessageStore(KahaPersistenceAdapter.java:107)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.DestinationFactoryImpl.createDestin
ation(DestinationFactoryImpl.java:92)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.createDestination(Ab
stractRegion.java:399)

============= On the client =====================
Exception in thread "main" javax.jms.JMSException: POST COMMIT FAILED
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSuppo
rt.java:49)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnect
ion.java:1178)
        at
org.apache.activemq.TransactionContext.commit(TransactionContext.java
:259)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.commit(ActiveMQSession.java:494)