We have had a white paper on VTD-XML from a long time ago
I thought readers of this list may interested

http://www.ximpleware.com/wp_SUN.pdf
----- Original Message ----- From: "jimmy Zhang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@activemq.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: VTD-XML 2.3

My take (which I am going publish articles shortly) is that VTD-XML
is vastly superior to JAXP in routing/switching XML payloads... it is my understanding that in the most typical cases VTD-XML will shock the world (outperforming JAXP by about 10~100x) We support full XPath expression but again, if you look under the hood, the techcal savvy subscrber of this list will agree with me that JAXP (DOM/SAX) is fundamentally
broken...
----- Original Message ----- From: "James Strachan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>