Hi,

when running activemq and I connect to it with a client I get the following
exception or exceptions?

java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
        at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.
java:268)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTranspo
rt.java:192)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.jav
a:184)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:
172)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport Initiator: /152.153.42.183:2963"
java.la
ng.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)DEBUG TransportConnection
      - Stopping connection: /152.153.42.183:2963

        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:597)
        at
org.apache.activemq.thread.DedicatedTaskRunner.<init>(DedicatedTaskRu
nner.java:42)
        at
org.apache.activemq.thread.TaskRunnerFactory.createTaskRunner(TaskRun
nerFactory.java:74)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.start(TransportConnect
ion.java:840)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector$1$1.run(TransportConnec
tor.java:152)

But one thing i have noticed is that when I run AMQ on this particular
machine i get up to 36 activeMQ processes...(this is prior to any
connections) where on the other 4 systems It runs on there is only 1..

I have tired to fiddle with the JVM memory stack thingies but with no lock
(increasing, decreasing etc) and its not a file descriptor restriction issue
(its set to 65536)

any ideas?