Hi,

We are using Activemq version 4.1.1, tcp transport and the producers are
configured to connect to a single load balancer that distributes requests to
individual brokers. However, more often than not, we notice symptons where
jms messge queuing requests are not probably load balanced, mainly after
certain OPS operations that took certain brokers out of rotation for
maintenance, upgrade, etc. Connections got switched to remaining smaller set
of brokers and stayed sticky with them.

In order to resume proper load balancing after a situation like mentioned
above, one approach we thought about is to set producers to recycle
connections after they have been in use for a while such that further
connection requests can be forwarded to brokers new in the rotation.  Is
there such a config parameter for producers?

I found in activemq 3.0 documentation
(http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-3-transport-configurations.html) that
there is a configuration named "establishConnectionTimeout".  Is this what
we need?

Thanks,
Qian