Okay, suppose that you have a network of brokers (NoB) with the following
configuration:

- The NoB comprises two brokers (BrokerA and BrokerB)
- You have enabled authentication for BrokerA via the
<simpleAuthenticationPlugin> element.
- Authentication for BrokerB has not been enabled.
- BrokerA only listens for connections. In other words, BrokerA has a
<transportConnector> element, but no <networkConnector> elements.

In order for BrokerB to connect to BrokerA, the corresponding
<networkConnector> element in BrokerB’s XML configuration file must be set
up as follows.

<networkConnectors>
      <!-- A connector used for connecting to brokerA -->
      <networkConnector name="brokerAbridge"
                                       userName="user"
                                       password="password"

uri="static://(tcp://brokerA:61616)"/>

    </networkConnectors>

Note how BrokerB’s <networkConnector> element must provide the proper
credentials in order to connect to BrokerA.

If BrokerA is given a <networkConnector> element so that it can initiate a
connection to BrokerB, then that <networkConnector> must also be given a
userName/password combination that is defined in the
<simpleAuthenticationPlugin> element; this is required even though BrokerB
does not have authentication services enabled.

Joe
Goto www.ttmsolutions.com for a free ActiveMQ user guide.