With a 'shared' master/slave configuration, the slave runs as documented
(i.e., keeps its transports closed while connected to the master). However,
in a 'pure' master/slave configuration, the slave opens its transports and
accepts connection requests while connected to the master. See the following
JIRA.

Joe