ah...figured it out. In my activemq.xml I had the property useDatabaseLock
set as "true" on the JDBCPersistenceAdapter. This was working fine with 5.0
but with 5.1 , this is causing the broker to be terminated? Is this per
design?

Setting this property to "false" fixed it but I was wondering if there were
other impacts if we set the "useDatabaseLock" to false?

thanks!
jaya