Yeah true.... i will be using auto_ack now onwards,

one more thing...Is the issue arising because of following pattern of method
calls... ???

       util.startConsume(queueName,connectionFactory);
//startConsume(); will be called only in the beginning of the Thread's life.
startConsume() contains the line connection.start();

for(int i=0;i<this.numberOfMessageToConsume;i++){
//This will be in endless loop
        xmlText                                                 =
util.consumeFromMessageQueue();
       ... store message to oracle database....

}
//endConsumer() will be executed once in the Thread's life..
util.endConsume(...);