I'm trying to use the rest interface that comes as part of the web demo and
running into an issue reading from queues.

Before I go too far, here are some clues as to my environment:

$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_15"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode)

$ uname -a
Linux kwlx99 2.6.9-11.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri May 20 18:25:30 EDT 2005 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Starting from a scratch install of 5.1.0, I changed the log level to include
DEBUG, then start her up.

>From the browser, writing to the queue ( FOO.BAR ) seems to work fine.  The
admin acknowledges that the queue is filling.   But the 'receive a message'
tool returns nothing.  Not trusting the weirdness that browsers can
introduce, I thought I'd demonstrate the issue from the command line:

# putting a message into the FOO.BAR queue
curl -i -d destination=FOO.BAR -d type=queue -d timeout=100 -d
body=\<p\>somejunk\</p\>  http://localhost:8161/demo/message

# which responds:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=sxf3y08bbzp3;Path=/demo
messageID: ID:localhost-51855-1222380098613-2:15:1:1:1
Server: Jetty(6.1.9)

That seems to go pretty fast.   I can run that a couple times to put a few
messages in FOO.BAR  The admin confirms the messages are in the queue.  But
then to fetch the messages:

# fetch the first message
curl -i  http://localhost:8161/demo/message/FOO.BAR?timeout=1000\&type=queue

That works the first time, and pulls the first item in the queue.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=1etfu1q27p2vm;Path=/demo
Server: Jetty(6.1.9)

But then any further requests return nothing.

# fetch next first message
curl -i  http://localhost:8161/demo/message/FOO.BAR?timeout=1000\&type=queue

# which responds after significant waiting:
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=1a0o5fs121jh3;Path=/demo
Server: Jetty(6.1.9)

And the admin confirms that the message has not been delivered.   Other
variations I have tried include:

curl -i
http://localhost:8161/demo/message?destination=FOO.BAR\&timeout=1000\&type=queue
and
curl -i
http://localhost:8161/demo/message/FOO.BAR?destination=FOO.BAR\&timeout=1000\&type=queue

But nothing works.
The log file during one of these requests goes something to the tune of:

DEBUG InactivityMonitor              - 10001 ms elapsed since last write
check.
DEBUG log                            - REQUEST /demo/message on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
DEBUG log                            -
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
DEBUG log                            - session=null
DEBUG log                            - servlet=MessageServlet
DEBUG log                            - chain=session->MessageServlet
DEBUG log                            - servlet holder=MessageServlet
DEBUG log                            - call filter session
DEBUG log                            - call servlet MessageServlet
DEBUG TransportConnection            - Setting up new connection:
vm://localhost#32
DEBUG AbstractRegion                 - Adding consumer:
ID:localhost-51855-1222380098613-2:17:-1:1
DEBUG MessageServlet                 - Receiving message(s) from:
queue://FOO.BAR with timeout: 20000
DEBUG AbstractRegion                 - Adding consumer:
ID:localhost-51855-1222380098613-2:17:1:1
DEBUG MessageServlet                 - Received 0 message(s)
DEBUG log                            - continuation
[EMAIL PROTECTED],pending
DEBUG InactivityMonitor              - 10000 ms elapsed since last write
check.
DEBUG InactivityMonitor              - 9999 ms elapsed since last write
check.
DEBUG AbstractRegion                 - Removing consumer:
ID:localhost-51855-1222380098613-2:5:1:1
DEBUG AbstractRegion                 - Removing consumer:
ID:localhost-51855-1222380098613-2:5:-1:1
DEBUG TransportConnection            - Stopping connection: vm://localhost#8
DEBUG TransportConnection            - Stopped connection: vm://localhost#8
DEBUG TransportConnection            - Connection Stopped: vm://localhost#8
DEBUG InactivityMonitor              - 10000 ms elapsed since last write
check.
DEBUG InactivityMonitor              - 10000 ms elapsed since last write
check.
DEBUG log                            - resume continuation
[EMAIL PROTECTED],pending,expired
DEBUG log                            - REQUEST /demo/message on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
DEBUG log                            -
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
DEBUG log                            -
session=org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.HashSessionManager$Session:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
DEBUG log                            - servlet=MessageServlet
DEBUG log                            - chain=session->MessageServlet
DEBUG log                            - servlet holder=MessageServlet
DEBUG log                            - call filter session
DEBUG log                            - call servlet MessageServlet
DEBUG MessageServlet                 - Receiving message(s) from:
queue://FOO.BAR with timeout: 20000
DEBUG MessageServlet                 - Received 0 message(s)
DEBUG log                            - RESPONSE /demo/message  204
DEBUG log                            - continuation still pending null
DEBUG log                            - EOF
DEBUG log                            - continuation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Somethings broken, but perusing the source to MessageServlet and
MessageServletHelper, I don't see where things are going off of the tracks.
Can anyone spot it?