I wrote a quick performance test to send 100,000 messages to newly installed
activeMQ broker and am noticing odd behaviour.

The producer blocks at exactly the same number of sent messages each time -
5091, and on the machine where activeMQ is installed, its cpu usage drops to
zero.

The seamingly odd thing is that while the producer is blocking, if I go into
the web console and view the stalled queue -
http://appserver:8161/admin/browse.jsp?JMSDestination=queuejms.testQueue,
the whole thing winds back up immediately and the entire send completes
about a minute later.

I have tried tweaking various systemUsage parameters, but get exactly the
same result.