Hi rajdavies,

Thanks for the quick reply.
In my project, I want to throw an exception if timeout occured. But for
this, I need to know what happened to the message. Is it published or is it
discarded. And also, is there way by which I can get an acknowledgement of
what happend to the message(like added to the queue or discarded)

rajdavies wrote:

> On 11 Dec 2008, at 06:08, PankajGugnani wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> can u please explain the behaviou in this particular case after the
>> TimeOut.
>> will there be an exception thrown if the timeout occurs.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> rajdavies wrote:
>
> Not currently - I'm afraid there's no difference between a successful
> send and a request that timed out - perhaps someone should raise a
> jira for that one ?

>>> Not elegant - but one of these - if you are sending with default
>>> delivery mode (PERSISTENT):
>>>
>>> When you create your MessageProducer - cast it to an
>>> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer and set it via the
>>> setSendTimeout(int ) method