I'm trying to post a few thousand messages in one tranactions.  It seems that
my heap space needs to be big enough to hold all messages from the one
transaction in memory in one time to successfully commit.  Is this correct?

I would expect it to start spooling the messages to the message store as
they came in, and then if the transaction failed, to use a rollback point to
rollback to the last safe place (at least this is how MQSeries dealt with
it).

Is there any way that I can queue multiple messages in 1 transaction that
will be greater than the heap size available?

My messages are set to persist, and I've setting "producerFlowControl" to
"false"

TIA
Ian