With Pure Master slave replication, the slave is in lock step with the
master. To make this work, the slave needs to start at the same time as the
master as there is no retrospective replication.
The master can be told to wait for a slave to connect to ensure that it does
not process work before the slave connection is in place.

Failover or replication of the masterConectionURI does not make sense in
this context as there is nothing to fill the gap if a slave reconnects. It
could miss some state changes and be out of step.
In any event, it is the disconnect of the masterConectionURI that causes a
slave to assume it is the master and begin processing requests. If failover:
is used. the disconnect (when the master dies) will not be immediately
visible to the slave which will defer the promotion to master.

In short, a masterConnectorURI something like
failover://(tcp://master-nic1:61616,tcp://master-nic2:61616,tcp://master-nic3:61616)
does not make sense atm.

--
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source SOA