Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the update, and I'm glad to hear things are running well so far
in standalone mode.

I don't have any good answers on why the win32 java service wrapper exhibits
different behaviour.

Some things that might be different are:

1) The java service wrapper will by default run under the "system" account,
and so maybe this is affecting things somehow. Perhaps the system account
has different permissions/classpath? to the user account. Would be
interesting to associate your user account with the AMQ service and see if
that changes the behaviour (using the windows scm)

2) Wonder if the broker process is somehow running under a different
priority when running as a service and you have uncovered some kind of rare
race condition that only exhibits itself when running under the control of
the windows scm. You could run some basic producer/consumer load tests and
see if you get different msg/response rates when using the service version
vs the standalone version.

3) I think its unlikely but the java service wrapper adds a few jars to the
classpath. Wonder could one if its classes be some how conflicting with AMQ
classes.

Hope some of this helps,

/Dave