Update #2:

Looks like it is only a problem in the Stomp Java client in ActiveMQ - I
will try to fix the source of my tests to see if it is a protocol error
(missing unsubscribe) or a problem in the underlying TCP transport layer.

After some tweaking, my Delphi library shows and better results now -
depending on the steps at the end of the communication (unsubscribing,
disconnecting).

Many thanks for your feedback,
and for bringing Hudson online :)

Michael