Hi,

we just switched over from a JDBC-based failover configuration to a
network of brokers and now have the following situation:

1. we have two active brokers (that's fine).
2. we have MDBs that listen on one broker and get all messages
regardless of the broker where the message has been produced (that's
fine, too).

3. we have a dynamic listener (from a java servlet) that uses a selector
to wait for a specific answer. But the answer often lies around "on the
other broker" (the broker where the servlet is not connected to).

In case 3 there are multiple listeners (and listeners on both brokers).
But only one listener accepts a specific message due to the selector on
the listener. Is there a way to get the selector communicated between
the brokers so that the message will change be transfered to the right
broker?

Our configs are the same on both broker (see attachment).

I'm very new to administering ActiveMQ (I have been developer but got
assigned the duty of administering our broker system, too), so there may
be a big mistake in the configuration.

bye,
    Roland

--
Roland Thomas Lichti
IT

Telefónica Deutschland GmbH || Georg-Brauchle-Ring 23-25 || 80992 München ||
www.telefonica.de
Telefon: 05246 80-1080 || Fax: 05246 80-2080  || E-Mail: i...@telefonica.de
Ust.-Id.-Nr. DE 167 388 434 || Amtsgericht München HRB 108 006
Geschäftsführer: Johannes Pruchnow, Dr. Dirk Schmelzer, Michael Fränkle
Bankverbindung: Konto 158 09 76 || BLZ 478 400 65 || Commerzbank Gütersloh

<beans
  xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core";
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
    http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
    http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd";>

  <bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

  <broker brokerName="devbroker" useJmx="true" persistent="false" xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"; dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">
    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>
          <policyEntry queue=">">
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
            </dispatchPolicy>
            <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy />
            </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
          </policyEntry>
          <policyEntry topic=">">
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
            </dispatchPolicy>
            <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy />
            </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
          </policyEntry>
        </policyEntries>
      </policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

    <systemUsage>
      <systemUsage>
        <memoryUsage>
          <memoryUsage limit="1512 mb"/>
        </memoryUsage>
        <storeUsage>
          <storeUsage limit="1 gb"/>
        </storeUsage>
        <tempUsage>
          <tempUsage limit="1 gb"/>
        </tempUsage>
      </systemUsage>
    </systemUsage>

    <managementContext>
       <managementContext connectorPort="1616" />
    </managementContext>

    <persistenceAdapter>
      <kahaPersistenceAdapter maxDataFileLength="33554432" directory="${activemq.base}/data" />
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616" discoveryUri="multicast://default?group=devbroker"/>
       <transportConnector name="stomp"   uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector uri="multicast://default?group=devbroker" networkTTL="2" dynamicOnly="true" conduitSubscriptions="false" />
    </networkConnectors>
  </broker>
</beans>