Hi Ely,

ActiveMQ is not an XMPP server. XMPP transport is just used to exchange
messages with clients using XMPP protocol underneath, so there's no direct
way to handle XMPP-related commands.

On the other hand, you can use plugins and advisory messages to handle
certain events, such as someone joins the room etc. Please take look at

http://activemq.apache.org/developing-plugins.html
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

for more info

Cheers