Many thanks, Joe, those examples were exactly what I needed.

Best,
Geoff.

On Oct 15, 2009, at 1:45 PM, Joe Fernandez wrote:

Hi Geoff,

A Network of Brokers (NoB) is set up so that you can forward messages from one broker to another in the NoB. A connection between two brokers in the
NoB is also referred to as a forwarding bridge.  See the following

http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

AMQ 5.3 comes with a couple of example cfg files to set up a simple 2 node
NoB.

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com

Geoffrey Arnold wrote:

Hi All,

I'm trying to form a topology where queues hosted on independent
brokers (separate machines) are consolidated into a single queue on a
central broker.  Messages will be consumed by listeners on that
central broker. Independent brokers will come on and off the network.

Originally I thought that this could be solved by creating a JMS-to-
JMS bridge, but after reading the docs it could fit into the Network
of Brokers model.  However the docs indicate that network of brokers
should not be used for consuming messages.

How should this work?  Any thoughts on how to handle the dynamic
nature of this topology would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Geoff.