OK, got back to this.

I tried and it still does not work. Here is how the codes for timestamping
the message at the filter looks like

    public void send(ProducerBrokerExchange producerExchange, Message msg)
throws Exception {
        ActiveMQMessage amqmsg = (ActiveMQMessage)msg;
        Object msgObj = msg.getMessage();
        if (msgObj instanceof javax.jms.Message) {
            javax.jms.Message jmsMsg = (javax.jms.Message) msgObj;
            if (jmsMsg.getObjectProperty("timestamp") == null) {
                jmsMsg.setLongProperty("timestamp",
System.currentTimeMillis());
            }
        }

At the consumer, this value does not exist for the received message.

Notice that the "msg" argument is always of class ActiveMQMessage which is a
subclass of command.Message and implements javax.jms.Message. And
msg.getMessage() simply returns itself as seen in the debugger.

So I still have no way to set the property at the broker level. Any other
idea?

Thanks