Hello,

I have been working on a system using 5.2.0 which is basically laid out as
follows:

Machine1(M1): Runs a broker (B1)and some code that pushes messages onto a
topic
Machine2(M2): Runs a broker (B2) that has a bridge from the topic on B1 and
some code
    that reads from the topic and writes some stuff onto a couple of
different queues.
Machine3(M3): Runs some code that reads from the queues in broker B2.

All this was working but I was running into issues where the bridge kept
dropping and reconnecting.

In reading the forums here, it looked like there was a fix for this in
5.3.0, so I upgraded both brokers to that version.

Now I'm having trouble on M3 connecting my code there to broker B2; however,
the code on M2 connects to B2 with no problem as does the code on M1 to B1.
Similarly, if I try to skip the bridge and connect the code on M2 to B1, I
get:

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://M1:61616.
Reason: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I turned up logging to debug on the brokers to see if that revealed anything
but when I connect from a remote machine, nothing gets logged at all.  This
lead me to test the underlying network:

On M1, I did this:

telnet localhost 61616
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
�ActiveMQ�    CacheSize
                          CacheEnabledSizePrefixDisabled
MaxInactivityDurationInitalDelay'TcpNoDelayEnabledMaxInactivityDurationu0TightEncodingEnabledStackTraceEnabled^]^]
Connection closed by foreign host.

On M2, when I try this:

telnet M1 61616
Trying 10.10.112.89...
telnet: connect to address 10.10.112.89: Connection refused

To highlight: no changes in my code, no changes (that I know of) in the
network or DNS (e.g. ping works), no changes in the activemq.xml on either
machine.  The only changes seem to be the 5.3.0 and the jars that came with
it.

Thanks in advance,
Ron